Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In Vietnam we had rules Donny!



Hello All,

Well gang another blog post to give you an update! Forgive my recent absence of posts, but the long weekend and life in general have kept me preoccupied!

First thing first, we totally won a nomination! We are on to round two which is the voting round so get onto www.cbc.ca/radio2/sonquest and vote for Good Time Charlie's today! You can vote once a day! So please vote often and regularly.

They have also announced the Band parings which you can also vote for. I was hoping they wouldn't match province with bands from that province, but they did, so pick your favourite artist as well in case we win!

In the other news I was on CBC Radio 2 Drive last Thursday talking 'bout the Plains and why it is awesome. On Wednesday myself along with Marc Spooner, Vicki Nelson, Adam Smith and Charity Martin were also on a conference call with CBC talking about the Plains/GTC pub for a podcast related to the contest. The edited Podcast and an unedited version that you can stream are now available online at the following link. http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/podcasts/songquest.html

Also, in the above image is one of my favourite parts about Good Time Charlie's - The Rules. I find them both hilarious and true.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far and please keep on voting! We can totally make this happen and that would be awesome!

Also, it's my B-day on Wednesday Oct. 14. I think we should really hit the Plains for some karaoke and good times. Come on down on Wednesday!

More news soon.

Take care,
-Craig

4 comments:

  1. I just listened to the extended version of the podcast. it is HILARIOUS!! you guys are great.

    LONG LIVE THE PLAINS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, a sales rep just spent 20 minutes in my office telling me stories about The Plains! he used to know the owners, and oh so briefly worked in the off sale. he says there used to be one huge rule for bands playing at Good Time Charlies: never stop the music! he said a fight broke out once and it unnerved the band so they stopped, and the owner bellows out "keep playing!" so, they did!

    this guy also says back in the day it had a bad rep for a reason, but these days, thanks to his friend's dad cleaning the place up, it's not so bad. (I agree!)

    my favourite part of what he said, though, was unprompted but appreciated by me because it's my favourite part too. he said he loves that it's filled with people of all backgrounds. amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey neighbour!

    just letting you know that i have been cheering you on and voting for THE PLAINS & GOOD TIME CHARLIES in the great canadian songquest!! having a tough time choosing the artist that ought to write a song for you, but i am certain they will do you right!

    voting for WASKADA in Manitoba ... and flip flopping about with artists here as well, as i love them all!

    cheers to you all ~
    prairiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats you guys! really happy for your win!

    pretty 'over the moon' here in waskada as well ...

    can't wait to hear YOUR song!

    cheers,
    prairiegirl

    ReplyDelete